The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old February 21, 2009, 02:46 AM   #1
IZinterrogator

.22LR conversion kits

Denny, I know you have been doing a lot of articles lately on how to keep your training regimen up with the bad economy, so how about an article comparing some of the .22LR conversion kits out there for the AR and various pistols?
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
IZinterrogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2009, 03:07 AM   #2
Tommy Vercetti

I want a review of the Colt 1911A1 version and the Beretta 92FS version
Old February 21, 2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

We covered .22 LR conversion kits in the first two of the "Shoot 'N Save" column, but we have more on the way.

Denny
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21, 2009, 07:29 PM   #4
4V50 Gary
Staff

I love conversion kits. I've got two Colt Aces (one for the Series 70 and the other for the Series 80) with the Williams floating chamber as well as the Kadet Conversion for the CZ-75.

Never played with the Ceiner for the AR and instead bought a Kuehl dedicated upper with the modified Ceiner.
Old February 27, 2009, 09:58 PM   #5
Fuzzykpd

best conversion compatable 9mm/.22 pistols

Niewbie here. I am getting back into Handgunning after a twenty year hiatus and am trying to find the best all around 9mm/.22 conversion gun and kit. I have only found the CZ 75B series so far and while I like what I see, I am wondering if there are others like it out there that might be comparable and offer me more choices. I prefer to practice with a .22 due to affordability and ease of teaching my girlfriend and grandson how to shoot the same handgun. I cant afford a bunch of guns so figure this is my best overall option.

I appreciate any and all responses and suggestions. thanks Fuzzy
Fuzzykpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2009, 11:19 PM   #6
OuTcAsT

Quote:
Never played with the Ceiner for the AR and instead bought a Kuehl dedicated upper with the modified Ceiner.
Got a Ceiner for my AR several years ago, even did a range report on it here somewhere. I love it, shootin' on the cheap!

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
OuTcAsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2009, 11:58 AM   #7
4V50 Gary
Staff

I didn't play with my ceiner because I knew the .224 bore was unsuitable. It's fine for short range (50 yards) and if you don't mind scrubbing lead out of the barrel. That's why I went with a dedicated upper instead. BTW, I also have the Colt .22 LR adapter too but I've never played with that either. It's new in the vacu-formed package.
Old February 28, 2009, 12:45 PM   #8
IZinterrogator

i'd like to see a review of the Sig conversions and the Ciener kits for the 1911 and Beretta.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
IZinterrogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2009, 01:46 PM   #9
curt.45

Sig 226 .22

if it helps I bought a Sig 226 in .22 the polymer frame job its ok, it doesn't lock open on the last round, just the way its designed, and it seems to be just a bit picky on ammo, subsonic rounds wont cycle it.as for accuracy it seems to hit where I aim, I've only shot it out to 50 feet as that's all the indoor range affords, maybe if the weather ever gets warmer I'll try it farther out.

I also have the Ciener kits for the 1911 and Beretta 92 but its been awhile since I shot them and then it was plinking, no function problems with any ammo as I recall but I probably didn't shoot any subsonic.
curt.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2009, 08:33 PM   #10
ken grant

AA Kit for Glock 19/23
AA Kit for Glock 20/21
Ciener Kit for 1911 Commander size
Ciener Kit for AR's

Well pleased wih all of them, the AA's are ammo picky but work great with Mini-Mags and Remington G.B. Bulk Pks.
ken grant is offline   Reply With Quote