The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 20, 2009, 02:02 AM   #1
boatmonkey82

obama and our guns ?

Now I am southren breed and raised and had more than a few racist role models but.... I do and will respect our new president simply b/c he is our president and regardless of color or back ground , but...... I think that all of this hubub about him taking away our guns and taxes ect will never happen .Now more and more americans are caring less about the right to bear arms I think there are still plenty of us out there to make a big enough fuss 'if were get off our asses to do so ' to not let this happen . I think also that there are enough old timers left in the political ring that still have they family guns and want to keep them as the rest of us do. Now im not against the class 3 for the mg's in fact it is a great idea but the ban is b/s . But I just dont think the day will come when uncle sam will come to the house and pick up our guns or wally world sell 50 pack of thuderbolts for 100.00 dollars. If they are going to tax then tax cigarettes or the most deadly of them all ' alcohol ' . I am kinda new in the political side of firearms so slap me if need be. But I know what my plans are if I am wrong . '' officer ,, they broke in and all they stole were my guns and my ammo . can you believe that ?!!''
Hey what can they do ? How do they know if you have one if it is not registered ? Family hand me down ? purchased from unknown origins ? The way I am seeing it is that they can only take what has been registered , correct . Or will owning one regarless of registration be illegal ? We have failed God and our founding fatehr so far in this country lets not fail them again by giving up our right to arms :barf:
Old January 20, 2009, 02:07 AM   #2
RedneckFur

I'm with you. I respect Obama as our new President. He has the potential to be either a good or poor leader, depending on his choices on a few hot button issues. But thats not really a subject for discusion on TFL.

I dont think that our guns, or our ammo will be outlawed in the next few years, but we do not need to wait until it is. The time to become active and defend our rights is NOW. Write your congresman, and representatives. Become active in local goverment. Keep up with current events, and let your voice be heard! We can stop our 2nd amendment rights from being infringed, but we have to work for it!
Old January 20, 2009, 02:17 AM   #3
boatmonkey82

i with you on that and if he does i think it will be abit , right now he has to focus on saving our country period then when he gets bored and nothing to save then he will tackle our 2nd
Old January 20, 2009, 08:17 AM   #4
clem

Show me the birth certificate!
Old January 20, 2009, 08:20 AM   #5
LucifersPants

Now Clem,...that's a political post...a big no-no. Besides, the only one we'll ever get to see is the forged one he had made to give to our trustworthy 'objective' media.

Good luck reining in the political stuff today guys!!! Oops...I was bad again

Last edited by LucifersPants; January 20, 2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old January 20, 2009, 08:41 AM   #6
#18indycolts

SHOW ME HIS DRIVERS LICENSE!
Old January 20, 2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Glenn E. Meyer

Nothing meaningful to do with civil rights and the law after the initial posts.

Please read the rules.

GM