The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 12, 2009, 03:09 PM   #1
cmacjvan

Winchester Model 50 Question

When I fire my Winchester Model 50 it cycles and fires the second shell IMMEDIATELY following the first shot. In other words it fires two shells as if it were a fully automatic weapon. Does anyone know what needs to be done to fix this? I have had the gun since new in 1958, but I know it has fewer than 1000 rounds fired in that time.
Old January 13, 2009, 02:41 PM   #2
dgludwig

I'm just wondering if you're inadvertently leaving your finger on the trigger after the initial shot, and applying just enough pressure to fire the second shot.This would even more likely be the case if you were wearing gloves at the time. But, because you've had the gun for so long and are no doubt very familiar with it, my guess is a defective disconnector.