The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 3, 2007, 11:28 PM   #1
skeeter

Anyone with experience with Laser Max green rail laser?

Interested in knowing do you like Laser Max's new green rail mount laser and if it really does work good in bright daylight? How far can you see the bean?
Old December 4, 2007, 04:55 AM   #2
BillCA

While I haven't taken them outside in bright sunlight, I have toyed with these expensive devices in a brightly lit gun show. I'm impressed.

I compared a green laser to a standard red laser unit inside a brightly lit large hall which had many semi-opaque skylights. At an estimated 200 ft, the green laser was at least 3 times brighter, much easier to pick out against different colors/shades and crystal sharp looking. The red laser was a bit washed out and was not as well defined looking. It also had a tendency to "fade" as it was moved across varying colors.

Downside is that these are seriously intense beams. I would not want to have that beam reflect off a chrome object or mirror back into my eyes. I got a bit of that by accidentally hitting a squarechrome pole when moving the laser and it's like a flash bulb.
Old December 4, 2007, 09:21 AM   #3
FirstFreedom

Quote:
I compared a green laser to a standard red laser unit inside a brightly lit large hall which had many semi-opaque skylights. At an estimated 200 ft, the green laser was at least 3 times brighter, much easier to pick out against different colors/shades and crystal sharp looking. The red laser was a bit washed out and was not as well defined looking. It also had a tendency to "fade" as it was moved across varying colors
Very interesting, BillCA; thanks.