The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 2, 2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Join Date: February 13, 2007
Posts: 90
BAR shock buff?

Sorry in advance for my ignorance of gun part names. I have a '68 BAR 30-06. I haven't shot it in a while. I trade out deer rifles in a yearly rotation and it's the 30-06's turn.

Any way I noticed some pieces of amber colored plastic/rubber that is crumbling and falling out of the gun. I don't know what to call it other than a shock buff. It is located against the reciever, behind the spring under the wood fore arm. Maybe 3/16" thick or so, kinda horeshoe shape.

Does any one know where I can get one of these? Or should I make one myself? I have looked on line, but have been unable to locate one, probably because I don't know the proper name.

Thanks for any help.
TreyNC is offline  
Old November 2, 2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Join Date: June 19, 2005
Posts: 53
Numrich has the buffers . jim
jlyent is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2017 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.04155 seconds with 9 queries