The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 9, 2007, 02:38 PM   #1
$m0kin

Tactical Gear

How many of you go out to the range with tactical gear? I.e, LBV's, drop leg holsters, multiple mag pouches, not in that order or all at once. Also on your weapon, i.e AR15 with pistol grips, free float handguards, laser sights, the works. If you do or don't post up some pics of your gear for fun, looking to buy some tac gear and bring back the good times in the Corps.
Old October 9, 2007, 03:41 PM   #2
dwatts47

My home range allows speed draws, draws to the shot, and shooting from kneeling positions etc... I do wear my comp. mag holders (covered not open).
Also , I have a safariland Level III sls Tactical holster that is leg drop , but I don't wear it to the range.

My M4 has got everything... Surefire vertical light, quad rails, BUIS, Aimpoint, Jp trigger, miad grip, magpul stock etc... but its a Wilson combat, so mall ninjas can't build a copy from their tapco catalog very well. I can't shoot it at the pistol range, so mostly my wife and friends are the only ones who see it.
Old October 10, 2007, 03:10 PM   #3
PPGMD

I wear mag pouches to practice loading from them.
Old October 22, 2007, 08:22 PM   #4
G-Cym

It depends on why I'm at the range. If I'm .22 plinking or practicing CCW draw, no, I just dress casually. But I'm also in the Guard, and like to practice more military type stuff as well. So I do have a reflex sight and vert grip on my AR, but that's it, no lasers or light. I also have a thigh holster for my Beretta 92 and I have a cheap non-armor MOLLE vest with mag pouches and such on it. All in all, nothing too crazy or tacticool, but enough to help me practice for when it's for real.