The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 10, 2000, 07:42 AM   #26
M16

El Rojo, I noticed that you did not include an electric scale in your set-up. While it is certainly not necessary you should really try one. These things are great. Once you get one you'll wonder why you waited so long.
Frontsight, you don't have to have the roller handle but the speed at which I pumped out loads on my Dillon 650 caused the palm of my hand start smokiiiiiinnnnn!
Old June 10, 2000, 10:13 AM   #27
Texaken

I dont do a lot of reloading anymore but just in case I feel the urge to pump a handle I can use my old (real old) Dillon 450 or one of my two 550B's, or maybe the old RCBS Green Machine can fill the bill. Forgot the 1960's something Rock Chucker the one thats on the bench, not the one under it in a box and the first press I ever had,(a moment of silence) an RCBS Jr. If I could get all the tool heads and 30 sets of dies and a half dozen powder measures and calipers and a couple of yards of other stuff out of the way I might be able to load a round or two, if I had the urge or the ROOM. Lets not get into the old casting stuff, its a whole 'nuther wall of STUFF, but if I just had to load a round,,,,,,,,
Old June 10, 2000, 11:15 PM   #28
Waterdog

I would recommend Dillon also, can't be beat.
In some of original posts in another site, I believed that having a good reloading manual as being the most important part for a beginning reloader. Today I believe finding a person who reloads, preferably someone who
acts and performs safely at the shooting range, as an important part of learning to reload. Though I read several books before I began, I was basically was self taught. A bullet puller would have came in handy for those first few months.

Waterdog