The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 17, 2006, 12:04 AM   #1
epr105

Bench for a dillion 550b

Hi all,
I have been out of reloading for awhile. Since 1999 to be exact. I would like to get my dillion out and make it usefull again I have a few questions that I wanted opinion on.
I would like to mount the dillion on a bench that I can move around if need be maybe one with wheels that lock. It needs to be space saving and have storage for the componets. Is there anything out there like that?
The second thing is my old supplies are they still good? I checked on what I have and it is alot of powder and primers. They were stored in a cool dry place with tempature control. I know that the bullets and the brass that is there is still OK.
I would realy like to get back into it just for a few types of ammo. One is the 44 special which is very hard to find at a resonable price.
Any ideas will be great!
Old January 17, 2006, 01:12 PM   #2
rn22723

Well, if you wer so inclined you could make do with just a Black and Decker Workmate to clamp your 550 to. Just put some wt on the table and you can get a long with not too much trouble. Some people have mounted 550 to one of the work carts from Sears.
Old January 17, 2006, 05:23 PM   #3
Russ5924

I use a Microwave cart with a 3/4 in plywood top if kept light would roll ok. Mine has all my bullets and cases under it way to heavy to roll
Old January 18, 2006, 09:40 AM   #4
Tom C.

I have a dillon 550 and I bolt it to a 2"x10" board about 3 feet long. I then clamp the board to a suitable table or desk. I can easily remove or move it if need by, and I can put it on a heavy desk whick is better for me for reloading.