The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 5, 2000, 05:22 PM   #1
aikidoka

I want to add a stock/pistol grip to my Mossberg 590. I mean the non-folding type that is used on the Benelli, among others. Does anyone know of a company that makes them for Mossbergs?

Is it something I can change myself?

Any info would be appreciated.

aiki

------------------
The fox provides for himself, but God provides for the lion--R. Kipling
Old July 5, 2000, 05:36 PM   #2
Jeff, CA

Choate makes them. Yes, you can change it yourself. Take the recoil pad off (Phillips screwdriver) and use a socket with a long extension, or a long screwdriver, depending on the bolt/screw head.

The problem with these on the Mossberg is working the safety. You either have to take your hand completely off the stock to get your thumb up there (and back down), or rotate your hand back and work it with your trigger finger.

Old July 6, 2000, 08:53 AM   #3
Ned Roundtree

Go to www.bushmaster.com and look under shotgun/ swat parts. They may have what you are looking for.
Old July 6, 2000, 12:44 PM   #4
SEAN WILLIAMS

Unless things have changed, no one makes a pistol grip full stock that allows you the use of the slide disengage located to the rear of the mossberg trigger assembly. I bought a 'Black Warrior', realized this design flaw, ordered a speedfeed (non pistol grip) and never looked back. unless you can figure out how to mount a 1911 type slide release to you stock, it may be a little awkward performing certain functions
Old July 6, 2000, 03:31 PM   #5
curious

I have a speedfeed IV (full stock w/pistol grip) on my 500. I too had a black warrior stock that interfered with the manual release, piece of junk. The speed feed does not interfere the manual release. There is one minor problem, the stock must be removed or atleast loosened up to remove the trigger assembly. I guess I could remove some material from the stock but I remove the stock and take the whole thing apart to clean anyway. Here is where you can get a look at the kinds speed feed offer: http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Pro...speedfeed.html

curious