View Single Post
Old June 17, 2019, 09:59 AM   #34
Reloadron

Mr. Guffey:
As long as you quoted me, I do not see a connection between Bart B's comments in another thread and the main topic of discussion in this thread?

Quote:
It has never mad a difference to me but then there is Bart B; He can not get to case head to seat against the bolt face. And then there is case head separation and then the more serious catastrophic event, The rifle has to go to someone somewhere. If that person has a clue they will know hot high pressure metal cutting gas has escaped.
The image of the cases in this thread and only this thread reflect what appears to be a rough chamber on a new rifle. The case dimensions as measured by the end user would seem to indicate an over size chamber (a chamber exceeding SAAMI specifications) for a .308 Winchester chamber. The fired cases did not exhibit case head separation and there was no catastrophic event so while both did not happen they likely will eventually.

The symptoms make it clear there is a problem which should be addressed and since the rifle is new I see a return to the manufacturer as a viable solution to the problem(s).

What Bart B chooses to believe or disbelieve in another thread about a different topic is here nor there in this thread.

Ron

Page generated in 0.02655 seconds with 8 queries