View Single Post
Old April 19, 2018, 01:33 PM   #28
redraif

Ok so i have always had HORRIBLE issues with the foam inserts. I have tried all the tricks and I can never get them to seal right. Side note, I usually have to buy special inserts to use earbuds or they are too big and fall out. Due to that I have always just muffed.... but with what you guys are saying... I should go with both. Fortunately I have not had much range time, so the only muffs damage should be minimal... Has anyone found that certain foam plugs work better then others as far as sealing? Maybe I have just had junky ones?
I though about getting these for under the muffs:
http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...sive-earplugs/

Speaking of muffs... you guys got me curious to see what my Beretta muffs speced at.... Specs I have dug up say
H - 32dB
M - 22dB
L - 13dB
SNR - 25dB
So what does that mean... which rating do I go with??? the 25?

I also got their glasses.... but what i found was the glasses had a square frame. I would put on the muffs and it gave a a huge headache at my temples. I have a small head. Can wear kid size hats. HAd to wear a kid size XL helmet when I went to one of those go cart type tracks. Bet this effects the sealing too. Thoughts??? What do you guys do to mitigate this?

So far... I talked to some trusted gun folks and they recommended the Harbor Freight safety glasses... yes the cheapies... but they have a flat side frame. OMG I can wear the muffs for hours and hours now, but do I trust them to be safe enough?

Page generated in 0.02110 seconds with 8 queries