View Single Post
Old December 7, 2006, 01:53 AM   #28
gvf

Thanks Again All:

Great thanks for all the advice. I gave you a number of very violent incidents - and we are concerned here. However, the neighborhood is evolving with this recent "bleed" from gang wars in one area to another a big exception. The usual measure of disintegrration: robbery, rape, abadandoned homes etc. is LESS. No abandonded homes. Property values up over the last couple of years.

But: youth gang activity, including murder - frequently seen in drive-by shootings in a very problematic area away from us but still relatively close - has jumped. It seems recent and devastating. The cops do their best - they are good. But they aren't God, especially with these random incidents. They were hear in a prayer when I called the night I mentioned. I even called up their supervisor after to tell him how fast and professional they were. But cops can't read the future, only the past.

We do have block associations and many have auto lights (and the person downstairs has a guard dog, a Bouivier de Flanders, that has THE most frightening bark I have ever heard from any dog-breed anywhere in my life. A BG would have to be out of his mind to get near it, or even in the back, once this bark is heard. The deepest bark on any dog imaginable - The 45 Colt Auto of dog-barks, and he is BIG.)

So, a very odd situation, sudden danger appearing, then it's back to normal.
Jarring.

Hopefully I'll get the CCW. It's NY, so you need more than random danger of death. But I have other factors that I hope will let them see light on this. And this should give me a bit greater sense of security IF......

If not, there's always: THE DOG!

Best

Last edited by gvf; December 7, 2006 at 02:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.03662 seconds with 8 queries