Thread: 45 colt in IDPA
View Single Post
Old December 3, 2010, 11:15 PM   #22
ATW525

Quote:
I apologize if this comes over as callous. It is not intended that way.

IDPA is not intended for this. The whole reason IDPA was created was for citizens and LE Personnel could test their carry equipment and defensive skills in a Real World Simulator. They don't want heavily-smithed guns or competitors tweaking equipment and loads for lower times and faster shooting; Simply For lower times and faster shooting. Sure, you'll always get those people. But they want you to use what you carry every day and see how you'll fair against varying real-world situations. Are you truly going to conceal-carry your 45 Colt? That's an honest question. I don't know anyone who would dream of it. Especially when there are so many other calibers with such higher capacity that are so much cheaper to shoot in much more convenient frames.

If you're considering smithing a 45 Colt for competition, I'd consider a competition circuit other than IDPA.

~LT
I'm not seeing how a .45 Colt revolver is any less practical to carry than a .45 ACP or 10mm revolver, and IDPA has a whole division written specifically for them. Heck, .380 pistols and J frame revolvers only get a half-baked afterthought of a division not even recognized at sanctioned matches.

Page generated in 0.03148 seconds with 8 queries