View Single Post
Old December 27, 2019, 02:12 PM   #31
TBM900

I could not agree more.

As for "taking over the role"...
I do not believe it needs to be, or even should be a singular entity.
The left has great success locally and regionally, and historically larger numbers of smaller groups being more wide spread tended to be some of the most effective (think gorilla tactics).

Look to the TEA Party movement a decade ago, it scared the crap out of both sides as they could not control it. Politicians on the right by and large hated it as much as the ones on the left. It collapsed in large part due to the lefts control of the media and the constant 24/7 belittlement of its supporters, average joe/jane citizen just got tired of being called racists, nazi's, stupid, etc, and did not have the willpower to hang in.

They gave up

If gun owners, Constitutionalists, Liberty advocates, Etc could muster the same excitement and hang in for the long haul, we could pull it off (the saving of the Republic). I just don't know if "we" have the willpower yet, I'm leaning towards not. That's why I truly believe the collapse of the NRA could be a good thing as it might finally be the slap in the face that motivates more to get involved and in more meaningful, effective ways.

Collectively our side is absurdly apathetic and lazy, that is a fact

I belong to a large number of gun/sporting/outdoor forums, most of which I joined back in the mid to late 90's (I'm really not that old....am I ) The steady decline I've seen over these many years, along with the utter denial I see of supposed "Liberty minded individuals" towards our current state and direction is truly frightening to me. On our current course we WILL lose all of our gun rights along with a great many other Liberty's.

Some call that negative, pessimistic, defeatist, etc... I call it reality.

When Lt Col Moore called in artillery and air strikes on his own positions at La Drang, was he being a defeatist? Nope He simply recognized the position they were in, he knew the dire straits, and did what he thought most effective even though it was brutal. I believe we are in a similar sort of position with our dying Liberty, if collectively we do not recognize how screwed we are, and take drastic measures now... we're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Blanca View Post
I think that's the point. The left used to fear the NRA, when the left knew that the NRA could mobilize millions of votes. Now that the NRA is self-immolating, the left is like a bunch of sharks smelling blood in the water.

And that's the primary issue with LaPierre, and his main sycophants on the board of directors -- they are putting their own selfish interests above the interests of the organization. LaPierre should be able to see (and I think he does) that, regardless of whether or not his closet is devoid of skeletons, he is toxic. He is now a divisive element rather than a rallying point. If he actually cared about the NRA and the Second Amendment, he would retire "for the good of the service" and let the reins go to a new leader who can unite the organization and get it back on track.

The fact that LaPierre refuses to retire is (IMHO) proof positive that he doesn't care about the NRA or the Second Amendment, he only cares about Wayne LaPierre.

The "old" NRA was regarded as the 800 pound gorilla in the room. If the NRA goes under, what pro-gun pro-2A organization is poised to take on that role? I don't think the SAF or GOA is prepared for such a role, and (again IMHO) there's simply nobody else waiting in the wings as the understudy.

Last edited by TBM900; December 27, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02105 seconds with 8 queries