View Single Post
Old December 1, 2019, 06:01 PM   #1
FizzyP

Button Rifling is Bad?

I picked a barrel I thought would be good for a lightweight AR .308 build. A guy I know immediately shut it down. He said it would only be good for the promised 1 MOA for 500 rds. He blamed the button rifling and recommended Krieger or Hart instead. But Hart makes button rifled barrels! After some reading, I'm seeing that some low end makers will use button rifling because it's actually a cheap-ish manufacturing option and softer grades of steel because then the buttons last longer. So maybe that's the source of the negative reputation for button rifling?

What do you make of this? Obviously Krieger and Hart are respected names and I'm sure they make great products. But they're an order of magnitude more expensive and don't come in lighter profiles. This is the barrel I was looking at:

https://jtactical.com/products/25

1. Is my pick so bad? I have trouble believing it's only good for 500 rds.
2. I'm surprised Juggernaut makes a 1 MOA guarantee without supplying the bolt. Other companies who make such guarantees only do so under the condition that they supply a matching bolt.

Last edited by FizzyP; December 2, 2019 at 06:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.02455 seconds with 8 queries