View Single Post
Old April 13, 2013, 09:12 PM   #59
johnwilliamson062

I know there was a school bombing in 1928. The shooting in Texas in the 70's. Those were both big. In the 90's we got multiple 23 hour news channels. They make alarmist reports about all kinds of things to get ratings. Heck, look at the weather channel.

Quote:
But to share the experience, thought process and warning of possible psychological impact that pretending death (excessively) could desensitize an all ready unstable person is not out of the question. The military changed the type of targets for a reason...correct or not is a decent question. They seem to have studied it.
The military is trying to take relatively stable people and teach them to shoot a person that is not directly threatening them.
The people involved in these attacks are by and large psychopaths. They aren't sensitive or empathetic to begin with.

I wouldn't have published this either. Reminds me of a five minute report I decided to wing my Senior year of college. It wasn't on guns, violence or anything similar, but it ended up going into the oddities of going to a year of high school over seas. For everyone in the room it was like watching a distant uncles slide show of a vacation where the food provided was fondue with rancid wine. Similar to the second half of this post actually. Maybe the first half. Maybe all my posts.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; April 13, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries