View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 04:27 AM   #16
CajunBass

If you do move to Virginia, one line to NEVER use is, "Well that's not the way we did it in New York."

We know that. That's why you moved from New York.

Seriously, come on down. Most of us stopped fighting the war a long time ago. Some of us even married yankee women, and find them quite agreeable. We will pick on you about being from Naw Yawk though.

I've lived in Virgina all my life so I can't comment on living anywhere else, but my wife has lived all over. She loves it here. Two hours east we're at the beach. Two hours west, we're driving the Blue Ridge Parkway. Dozens of places to fish. Mostly bass fishing, but everything from offshore salt water, to little trout streams. Most hunting is on private land, but there is a fair ammount of land open to the public.

Traffic up in "occoupied Virginia" (near DC) is bad, but not as bad as the Chicago area or Lord help us New York (I spent a week lost in the NYC area one night). Tidewater traffic (Norfolk, Hampton, Virginia Beach, etc.) can be pretty bad too. If traveling country roads, be prepared to get stuck behind a tractor or a combine.

The others have covered the gun laws pretty well. The only thing I can add is I have never met anyone who seemed to think it odd that I own and carry guns or that I like to hunt and fish.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.02050 seconds with 8 queries