View Single Post
Old August 3, 2012, 06:32 PM   #7
rclark

Quote:
... what is the seating depth on it?
If it has a crimp groove just crimp into it. Simple. If it doesn't, seat it up to the ogive like on a .45 Colt RNFP. Don't shoot 200g bullets out of mine, so I can't give you any 'favorite' accurate loads. I would use Unique or Bullseye for this application. Since I load 10g of Unique for a 240g lead SWC for .44Mag, 10g would work fine under the 200g LRN bullet as well as it is a lighter bullet (takes up less case space). Off top of head then, 7-10g of Unique would work. Just giving you an idea of where to start ... Your Lyman/Speer/Hornady manual should have some Unique/Bullseye loads for bullets close to yours.

Note, start collecting 'manuals' for your reloading bench.... Hornady, Lyman, Speer, Lee, etc..... Help you all lot in your 'search'!
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Page generated in 0.03185 seconds with 8 queries