View Single Post
Old May 4, 2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Auto426

CMP Buyers, I Need Your Guidance

I have decided to scratch my itch for an M1/M14 style rifle by buying an M1 Garand from the CMP. I've really been lusting after an M1A, but funds won't allow and I really can't find any reason not to buy one of the CMP Garands. $625 for a service grade seems like a steal, and I always love owning pieces of American History.

As of right now am I am still gathering all of the paper work and lining up the notary for the purchase. I plan on purchasing a 1 year membership from the Garand Collectors Association to satisfy the membership in an affiliated organization requirement, since there are no shooting ranges anywhere near me that qualify.

Now I have heard that you can attack a sticky note to your order form to make certain requests for the rifle you want to purchase. I'm not really interested in getting a gun in a certain serial number range, as I'm pretty sure that almost all of the guns being sold now were made in the 1950's. My main concern is getting a rifle with one of the new CMP stocks. I just have a thing about a having nice clean piece of wood, and I like the way the new stocks make the rifles look almost brand new.

Does anyone have experience with these requests? Also, any helpful info on ordering would be appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 8 queries