View Single Post
Old July 2, 2010, 09:47 PM   #26
Dre_sa

I call extremely biased reporting.

The test was set up for the students to fail

firstly, they have very little practice, except for that one bloke who has "hundreds" of hours on the range. There is also another girl who has experience with guns, and she fares better than the rest. Even I practice my draw at home when my boy is asleep or occupied. When finds permit, I'll be doing some IDPA to practice drawing from concealment. None of the test subjects had practice drawing from concealment.

Secondly, the students are in the same location in every test. This is unrealistic. If an armed BG bursts into a room, he will not know if anyone is armed or not, let alone where they are in the room. This fault in the test becomes blatant when the BG comes in, takes out the instructor, one student, then immediately turns on the armed student. Every time without fail, he finds the armed student immediately and concentrates his fire.

Thirdly, the report is aimed to disprove that carrying in a school / university environment is of any use. When a person sets out to accomplish a goal, They are likely to succeed. They will figure out exactly how to get the results they want. Journalists are not stupid people, they know how to make connections to get the leads necessary to complete a story. They could easily use this ability to arrive at the result they want or are told to arrive at.

The test was set up for the students to fail. plain and simple. A person who actively carries a firearm legally often does or at least should train regularly.

Personally, I take it upon myself to be proficient with my weapon before I start to carry it. I go to the range when I can. I practice drawing all the time. I may not be the best critical situation responder, but I think I'd fare a little better than average joe who does not practice at all.

Page generated in 0.02407 seconds with 8 queries