View Single Post
Old April 5, 2010, 04:44 PM   #13
markj

Quote:
Oh yeah, there must be some really dumb (and blind) turkeys in Iowa.
Now that there is funny, I saw a flock this morning, had many a tom strutting up, now I also see a creek runs right close to them. If it was season I would get down in that creek and stalk them turkeys. It is how I do it every year, I just cant sit still.

Wed used to play at this as kids, my brother and I used to sneak up on all sorts of wild animals. It isnt hard if you have patients and can keep the mouth shut. Tried to teach my city cousins but never was able too.

Next time you go out, take some binocs, scope it out, find where they are at after chow time is over, they will be playing (youngins) and strutting (toms) they keep their attention on the prize and not so much on surroundings. Like a buck in rut (I snuck up on one and shot him off the doe he was on). I get real close, come on out and I will try to show ya. I have pics of the turkeys I have shot in this way, isnt too hard to get close.

Never could call a tom in during spring rut, fall yes. Spring time he wants all the ladies he can see. Good luck to you all anyway, hope the hunt is good and a bird gets taken.

Page generated in 0.02325 seconds with 8 queries