View Single Post
Old February 22, 2009, 09:55 PM   #2
kirpi97

Quote:
Finally we have Senate bill, S1112, which deals with the rules and regulations of daycare facilities. Tucked into this bill, is the following section:

18-1109(f) Firearms or weapons which are on the premises of a daycare facility must be kept in a locked container that is inaccessible to children while daycare attendees are present;
Interesting. Not that this effects Oregon today, but our legislators are always looking for ideas to mimic. And I can see this in the horizon as some of our loons catch wind of it.

When I first read it, I didn't see harm. But after reading your argument, I can see how it could be interpreted to ban such actions. I do not know if that was the hidden intent. But I do not wish to see how the courts will decide.

So before it reaches the 9th Circuit, I hope you Idahoans are successful it having that section removed or at least, better worded.

As a parting thought, I was watching an old re-run of the Rifleman from the 60s. In it some prisoners escaped and took over Northfork. Young Mark asks his father, "Could they hold the city?" Lucus' response would be one we all could learn from. "They could take the city, but they couldn't hold it. The only way they could hold the city was if the citizens stopped caring."

When we stop caring, we abdicate our rights. So I thank you and all the others who maintain a vigil watch. Thanks for the heads up.

Page generated in 0.03055 seconds with 8 queries