View Single Post
Old November 3, 2013, 12:35 AM   #19

I've had an SR9 since March and an SR45 since April. Both have seen a good number of handloads with performance you're not gonna get with many factory loads. I have not had any problem whatsoever with either pistol. I've owned or had firsthand experience with polymer framed pistols going back to the introduction of the Glock 22 in 1990. One of the first HK USPs in .40 S&W in 1994 and I put a good number of rounds through an M&P 45c that belonged to my shooting partner while I owned an XDm 4.5 in .45 ACP. There's not one of them I would choose over the Ruger SR poly. Not in 9mm, not in 45 ACP. The Ruger is the slimmest while being the strongest made. It's also the most accurate for me of the lot.

Some people inevitably think they have to spend HK money that only impresses me in how much HK charges for a polymer framed pistol, and evidently there are those willing to pay their price. Some of these same shooters will turn around and feed that same HK with the cheapest Russian steel-cased ammo they can find. It's all about perspective.

Page generated in 0.02835 seconds with 8 queries