View Single Post
Old October 27, 2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Cheapshooter

Quote:
OP never said a thing about the "superiority" of 9mm......you brought that into the thread.

Quote:
but now seems like all the advice i see , 9mm is the best choice..
So the "best choice" is not based on being superior to others?

The "best" choice still would be determined by the intended use, and the owner's ability with any handgun, or round.
A range toy, plinker. Of the two, the 9MM would be the best choice because of less recoil, and lower ammo cost. But for strictly that purpose a 22 Rimfire may well be superior.
For home defense, personally I'd say the 40 of the two choices because of it's increased power potential. But a 45ACP, or 357Magnum would have even more. But again, in that roll, a 12 guage shotgun would probably be superior.
For concealed carry, factors such as size and weight of the firearm, concealibility, and the owners ability to quickly and accuratly deploy the weapon again sets the "superority" of a chosen round.
Was the comment in the OP based on recomendations from friends who are experienced shooters, gun shop salesmen, or internet ramblings?
I hope the OP will post again with the intended use, but still all the recomendations even here are just that. Recomendations of what to try for themself.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Page generated in 0.02699 seconds with 8 queries