View Single Post
Old October 28, 2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

RL22, eh? I'll keep that in mind.

I'm going to do the rest of my fireforming with 243Win max loads of IMR-3031 since I have a bottle that proved unsatisfactory for it's intended purpose.

After that, I have a bottle of RL17 and RL19 that I'll try. Right now I'm starting with 55gr Nosler Lead-Free bullets for chucks and 80gr Barnes TTSX for deer.

My uncles Browning X-bolt with 24" barrel launches the 55gr Nosler at 3,997fps with RL-19 and QuickLoad thinks I can get about 4,150 with mine.

I haven't worked up a load with the Barnes bullets yet but we should be able to reach 3,600 anyway.

BTW, QuickLoad agrees with your choice of RL22, at least in terms of max-speed. It thinks a 107% compressed load would get me 3,624fps, second fastest only to N560 at 3,640.

Thanks for the suggestions on the stock and bolt hardware. I'll definitely be giving that a look.

The Firing Line community never ceases to amaze me. Even when I didn't see what I was looking for readily, a Google search almost always brought me back here for the information. You guys rock!

Page generated in 0.04081 seconds with 8 queries