View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 10:48 AM   #25
TexasJustice7

QUOTE: Hiker1

You could be eating dinner when some guy comes in and shoots the couple next to you (his ex and her new man) and walks outside and kills himself. Or you could be in a crowd when a gangbanger starts shooting wildly trying to hit a guy who owes him money. Then, there is the VT/Ft Hood/New Life Church type which is a whole different ball of wax.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since getting out of the Marine Corp and carrying a rifle in vietnam, I look back at the dangerous situations I have sometimes encountered thru the years, never being armed. Then even with some close calls at places where
I frequent, having armed robberies I still never bothered to bother to go get a gun permit. You mention VT/Ft Hook being a different ball of wax.
That one event at Ft Hood, caused me to make the decision finally go spend the dollars for the training, the weapons, and to obtain a Texas CWP. So now I carry because I believe there is greater danger now from armed criminals, home invaders, carjacker, and muslim jihadists than years ago.
And also now gangbangers who don't read no gun signs. I try to think thru
potential situations but like someone said, no plan survives the initial contact.
And in watching videos on this forum and others, it seems like situations can happen so fast, it would be easy to get confused about identifying the threat.
Seems like some of the shootings are all over in less than a minute. I train
regularly but hope I do not every have to use deadly force to stop someone
and I am reluctant to act unless me or my family are at risk.

Last edited by TexasJustice7; October 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.03258 seconds with 8 queries