View Single Post
Old March 6, 2010, 10:28 PM   #4
golfballshootr

Just happened last weekend. Took a co-worker who wanted to go coyote hunting, never been, and he brought his .250. I asked him if he knew where his gun was zeroed, because we could have up to 300+ yard shots, but I didn't want him to shoot at one that far until we were absolutely certain they were hung up and not going to come on in. He said he was zeroed at 200 yards, so I figure good to go right? WRONG! He goes the Thursday before we go and buys some new, different weight ammo and misses about a foot high on the closest dog which was inside 150 and then missed again looked to be a foot high on one inside 90 yards. I got kind of fumed, but held my tongue because I really thought he could shoot better than that and was giving these dogs an education. So, we go to the house, grab the bags and set up paper, I tell him, let's see what the deal is. He shoots 5 shots, all around 8 1/2" high at 100 yard target. So different scenario, but same principle as not checking the zero, you still have to check when you change ammo. He said he thought that only applied to the deer guns and such!

So now, I have a different outlook on someone I thought knew better.

Page generated in 0.02185 seconds with 8 queries