View Single Post
Old June 5, 2006, 03:21 AM   #7
guntotin_fool

Most expensive i have ever seen was one destined to go an Arab state, supposed price after engraving etc was to be a quarter million. It was at a shop that does incredible engraving. The guy doing the engraving was not there but i was allowed to look thru a loupe at some of the work being done around the forearm release and it was all arabic and all inlaid, it was stunning.

Most expensive i have shot, was a one of a matched pair supposedly that belonged to Lord Mountbatten, cousin to Queen Elizabeth II. It was a Purdey 12 guage, but used short (i think 2 1/2 inch shells)chambers, busted two clays with it. then handed it back before i did something stupid and had to sell my house to have it fixed.

I remember reading about someone paying a 1/2 mill or more for a shotgun at an auction last year or the year before. IIRC, owned by someone american and famous, world class pedigree and provenance and history and absolutely finest kind of gun work to boot. trying to find the email that had the link in it, Maybe Pattons model 21 winchester or parker, not sure but it was a name like that. might have been a movie stars gun or maybe TR's. I just remember looking at the gun and going WOW> Not as high as a Colt in the same auction that went for $825K or so, a 1849 NIB engraved, never fired, maybe one of six ever made like it, none in its condition.

Page generated in 0.03015 seconds with 8 queries