View Single Post
Old November 12, 2004, 08:45 PM   #3
Shep Madera

Question has merit

I've wondered lately about this myself, Symphony.

For one, there's some versatility here. One could shoot something familiar in a special black powder match, then shoot it smokeless in a CAS Long Range side match. Two, there are a lot of 94s and 64s (my favorite) chambered for this round out there and while they're a bit dear( especially the pre-64 64s), they do make a nice heirloom/shooter. Nothing says "Deer Rifle" in my Pennsylvania memories as one of these pieces. Third, while there's a lot of black powder calibers and interest in the 38-55 calibers through .45-70 and upwards, I don't see any of my four sons using those if I were to leave one behind. However, they might be more inclined to enjoy Dad's .32 Special. They could do so without the scarcity and daunting prospect of taking on the demands of black powder. I'd prefer they use my guns rather than consign them to dust-catchers/wall hangers.

Wonder if anyone shoots a single shot in this caliber? Since the Special was expected to update and replace the .32-40, it would seem it might work for Single Shot Silhouette or, dressed up, for Schuetzen in a high wall. Shep.

Page generated in 0.02893 seconds with 8 queries