View Single Post
Old March 23, 2009, 01:45 AM   #2
trekkie951

I really didn't expect something like this to be proposed on a county level, especially my own. I haven't heard anything about this in the local news at all, and I am shocked really. It was introduced over a week ago and this is the first I've heard of it, I need to get on top of things.

I suppose this was brought about by the regular shootings in Albany and Schenectady. There is one every two weeks or so. The last one that the media covered most was the death of a 10 year old girl last May. She was shot by a 16 year old who was aiming for somebody else, absolutely terrible. He was just recently sentenced to 15 to life.

Maybe that is whats ringing fresh in the mind of the legislator that proposed this law, but this is bad. People were right, the gov't will go after the ammo before the guns. Saddest part is that rationally it could work, criminals wont want to register their illegal pistols, so they wont buy ammo.. It could work, aside from the fact that there aren't customs agents and checkpoints at the COUNTY BORDER. I wonder if these legislators conceive the fact that this infamous border is a 20 minute drive from anywhere. A classic example of how standardized gun control hurts us lawful folks.

The public hearing is Tuesday night, I am definitely attending.

Page generated in 0.02440 seconds with 8 queries