View Single Post
Old March 25, 2002, 07:29 AM   #9
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

blue duck, I probably have as long or longer a backlog as just about anybody. Smaller jobs like the one you mention I try to "work in" when I can but usually they just have to sit and wait right along with the bigger projects. In addition to the things that Dfarriswheel mentioned sometimes the work comes in bunches. Last week I built 2 rifles not including bedding and stock finishing, recontoured one barrel and rechambered another. That's 4 jobs done while 7 others came in during that same time frame. Today I'll not likely get anything done. I have to go to the range this morning and that will probably take 1/2 the day, then I have a bunch to be boxed and shipped which will probably eat up the rest of the day. I don't have room for another smith or an apprentice but if I just had someone who could handle errands, answer the phone, box and ship, etc. I'd get a lot more done. And on top of all of that my lathe drive belt broke on Wednesday. It has to be "made" at the factory so I had to order a new one. I always have a spare on hand and it's eyelets pulled out on Friday so my lathe is down until the new belt gets here tomorrow or Wednesday. George

Page generated in 0.02488 seconds with 8 queries