View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 03:37 PM   #53
Sevens

Quote:
No. Not going to a war. Not planning on a gunfight with gangbangers or bankrobbers or whathaveyous. Never been outgunned by Bambi or Thumper or Donald Duck. Yet.
This kind of sounds like a mouthful that our anti-gun friends would throw down on the American public. Really, it does. My comment is not intended to point a finger at you or make an assumptions about your beliefs...but the quoted text really looks like the kind of slag they throw down on us almost daily.

I've always preferred power/energy of a cartridge or chambering over the capacity of the handgun, but until I set myself up at a steel plate range, I never really saw how much FUN and advantageous it was to have a high-cap semi-auto. It's one thing to drop six plates quickly with a revolver, but it's more interesting, more fun, more exciting, more difficult and requires more concentration and determination to drop 17 plates with a high-cap 9mm.

I'm not saying that having a high-cap gives you a bigger "edge" when competing...formally or otherwise. After all, everyone else has one also. I'm merely saying that running a high-cap through all of it's ammo is a longer run of shots fired and it opens up a different angle to shooting than a handgun that holds 6 to 10 rounds.

Before I ever arrived at a steel plate range, my shooting was for small groups on paper or plinking at shootable items I hung from a wire. I was perfectly happy to load 5 or 10 rounds maximum in any of my semi-auto magazines. That changed on a steel plate range where we can set up 30 different targets and then attempt to mow them all down. Even more fun with a buddy next you you trying to drop the same ones out from under you.

Anti-gun idiots try to paint a picture that we hope to fend off an attacking mob of psychopaths with a high-cap 9mm, but that's not my focus at all. In my "collection", I own three handguns that have 15 or more rounds on board. But my daily carry gun? 10 round magazine, one extra magazine on me. But that doesn't compute with gun banners.

Page generated in 0.02878 seconds with 8 queries