View Single Post
Old March 6, 2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Wildhipoint

Need advice on 1951 colt navy

Hey I'm new to the forum, but have been an enthusiast for awhile. I saw this was the best forum to talk guns so here goes...

My mother and I share a safety deposit box and I remembered that last time I went with her in 2005 (I was 21) and I noticed an old gun in the box. It never crossed my mind until just recently when I have really gained interest in guns as far as owning a shooting a lot of them. So I went to the box today out of curiosity to check the gun out. I was hoping for like a 60s-70s s&w or something that I could trade towards a nice sniper rifle. To make a long story short what I found is what I believe to be a genuine real deal 1951 colt navy...from all the pictures I think it's a true original colt. It has beautiful patina and looks awesome. (I couldn't even get the cylinder to slide open, until I realized it don't operate like that lol) anyway my question is what are the markings/characteristics to spot a fake? Also what kind of value/interest are there in this gun if real deal?

Here are some pics of the gun:

Thanks in advance for the help/info...funny think is I was thinking about buying a Mosin-Nagant, I would think there is a little price differenc between the two lol....thanks

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries