View Single Post
Old February 10, 2012, 02:47 PM   #11
dec41971

I have seen cops in Kenya armed with AK-47s get into it with crazy guy with a machete who cut 3 of them and they still wouldn't shoot him. They did beat him half to death of course and as far as I know there is no such thing as police brutality over there and there is no suing the cops even if they kill you. It seems just that alone reduces the chances they kill you. They really didn't want to kill the guy and went beyond call of duty not to kill him even after he inflicted dead cuts on 3 of them.

By same token I saw on video caught by a tourist over there where a motorist is pursued by plain cloths cops in unmarked cars. They box him in. He gets out of the car confused with arms in the air begging for his life. They mumble something translated as (we are going to finish you. Choose in the face or in the back) They then tell him to lie down on the pavement face down, one of them pulls out a pistol and executes the poor guy with three shots to the back of the head. Beyond believe. It looked like an extra-judicial killing. Maybe he ****** off some politicians or official who knows!! But The shocker is when minutes later uniformed police show up on the scene briefly talk to the civilian dressed cops, and then the uniformed police clean up the mess. Video picked up later showing a story in the paper next days talking about a police pursuit followed by thug exchanging gunfire with the police leading to his execution. It seems routine over there for police to kill with no obvious reason and mostly hardly anyone raises an eyebrow. Attitude seems to be "guy must have done something bad"

I just have never really understood why there were two wildly different MOs in the same country by authorities unless said authorities suctioned the second incident. A lot of these things have no ryme or reason because in most countries the rules are so damn vague. Apparently in Kenya if you face away from the cops and run, they have the right to execute you. No one runs from the cops like in the US. When you see a traffic stop, its funny a guy with an AK simply waves and most everyone obeys doesn't dare run because they won't bother chase you. They have a group down the road ready to light up the fireworks no matter who is with you in the car. In the US you wouldn't get killed for simply running. But wielding a machete let alone cutting a cop with it gets you killed.

I suppose the rules in China are different. But If it were me, honestly I would have shot him the minute he said no, which was clear indication of intent. When the cop says drop it, you better drop it unless you are deaf. I however don't agree when cops shoot a guy for wielding a knife, unless he cuts you or rushes you, you shouldn't just kill him because you think he could throw it at you. Then again unless you are on scene your judgement of situation is usually off.

When I travel I usually research and try to find out what to do if stopped by local cops. This way I won't do what comes naturally to me at home and windup in trouble due to a misunderstanding.

Page generated in 0.02998 seconds with 8 queries