View Single Post
Old February 22, 2021, 11:20 PM   #25
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc View Post
I had nothing but problems with my high priced K9 till I changed the cheap guide rod, slide stop and polished the chamber. Runs fine now. Either they work or they don't! I knew someone with a PM45. Piece of garbage wouldn't shoot through a magazine without locking back much like my K9 out of the box. It would automatically drop the slide and load the chamber when you inserted a magazine just like a Browning Auto 5. Kahr has basically a good design but their quality control is mmmmeeehhhh. When they run, they are good guns.

Honest Outlaw has a good video with a cw380. Piece of Junk with some of the same old common Kahr problems. At the end it shows his video out takes with repeated jams in the Kahr just trying to do an introduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpVKCQLuuG0
I laughed at that video. I bet I could take that gun and have it run perfect after a initial break in that I do. The Kahr has tight tolerances and does require this. I have had friends at my club with a new Kahr 380. told them to let me take it home and I bring it back and they run great.
He complains about the trigger and the reset. What baloney, the Kahr is notorious for one of the best DAO triggers on the market. Smooth as Silk. He says, you cannot run the Kahr very fast. NONSENSE. I showed a Kahr above that I did the simple break in and it ran flawlessly with 200 rds of mixed ammo. And many rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger.
This is why I take YOUTUBE video's with a grain of salt. By the way, he also limp wrested the gun on on the one handed shooting and blamed it on the gun.
I have shot many Sigs, both in 380 and 9mm. The Kahr's will run every bit as good as them.
If you do not want a firearm with tight tolerences and do not want to break in in properly then fine. Do not buy one, but do not get on the internet and bash the gun without doing so.
Here is a Fact, the Khar 380 will shoot extremely smooth and one of the most accurate 380's I have ever shot. And easy to shoot well. The 380's do require a break in the 9mm's require very little if any right out of the box. He also said that the gun will choke after 300 rounds if not cleaned. Lol, yep that is true, but I doubt this guy even shot it 300 rounds. And 380's do need to be cleaned after a few hundred rounds. These are not military combat guns. There are other videos out there where the owners shoot them with no problem. Kahr has been manufacturing these 380's for years and a almost cult like following.
And there 9'mm's are a truly great firearm. I have ran mine against many Micro 9mm's and the shooting of them is right on.

Here is a video of a guy that actually has owned one for three years. Seems no problem at all. Echos my years of shooting them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzbAi9ygbaY&t=1s

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; February 23, 2021 at 03:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.03214 seconds with 8 queries