View Single Post
Old June 13, 2022, 11:13 AM   #33
vtchopperdude

I just purchased an Armi Sport (Chiappa) Spencer carbine a few weeks back. After reading reviews, I had my reservations about buying one, but ultimately decided to get one. They are just too cool!!!

I took it out to the range and put about 30 rounds of .45 Colt through it, no problem! All these people talk about ejection issues. It's called operator error. If you don't work the lever with deliberate force, it will not eject properly, no matter the cartridge. Anyways, not going to argue with people over that one. Continuing my story. After about 30 rounds, the rifle would not fire. It would cycle, and eject rounds, but not fire. I noticed the unfired ejected rounds had a primer strike, but very light. When I dissembled it, I found the percussion plate to be loose. The percussion plate holds the firing pin pusher, and if that comes loose, then the fire pin kinda wobbles around in the housing. I tightened the screws up, and now she runs 100% again. People who don't have any ability to diagnose a problem shouldn't be making comments about the quality of firearms. Literally, I had an issue. I investigated it and found the problem. A screw was loose.

Also, .45 Colt is super fun to shoot in the rifle! And it's way more cost effective than .56-50 rounds.

Also, if you're getting ate up about the .45 Colt not being "historically accurate" then you need to find another hobby than firearms. You should be getting firearms to enjoy, not simply to brag to others about how you have "an original caliber" or whatever.

Long story short, the Spencer replica from Chiappa is pretty sweet!

Page generated in 0.02465 seconds with 8 queries