View Single Post
Old April 23, 2019, 08:18 PM   #19
AK103K

Quote:
Sighting a handgun effectively is really a rather unnatural process for how we view the world.
So was driving a car until you learned how to drive.

I think some of the problem here is, we have gun drivers of different levels and skills. Some understand, others havent got there yet.

The broader you are in youre learning and experiences, the more you know.

Oh yea, and I can drive a car with a millennial vehicle anti-theft device installed too. And without thought!

Its as easy as shooting without sights.

Quote:
That's again why I believe there are tremendous benefits to red dots and lasers.
Im a big fan of red dots on long guns. And while I dont have any on my handguns, Im sure Id like them just as much (which actually scares me, as I cant afford that ).

But that still doesnt mean I dont or wouldnt shoot both, "instinctively", when the need arises. I practice shooting everything that way, and on a regular basis.

One thing I wont waste another dime on is a laser. If there is a valid use for one, its very limited, and other than maybe infrared on certain guns, with NV, I really cant think of any others.

I find them to be WAY too much of a distraction. One that forces you to waste time looking for that silly dot (and one that often is completely lost in daylight, even at close distances), when you should be shooting the target.

For training, I think you would be much better served with a decent Airsoft gun that mimics your carry gun.

Page generated in 0.02599 seconds with 8 queries