View Single Post
Old May 24, 2019, 03:18 AM   #1
Geezerbiker

1 used case in a box of new brass...

Sometimes it takes me a long while to get around to using some of the reloading supplies I buy. In this case it's a box of 250 pieces of General Dynamics .223 cases.

I bought them with the intent to load them for my varmint rifle but I traded it off. So I figured I'd save these for my .223 single shot and use all the other .223 brass I have for my AR.

Anyway I got around to processing them for loading. First I trimmed, then chamfered and debured them. I have to say these cases needed the least effort to process than any other brass I've ever used. It's too bad these are no longer available and I could only afford 250 at the time I got them. These seem to be the best quality brass I've ever seen...

Now for the strange part. After processing them, I put them in 9mm ammo box trays for when I get around to priming them. After that it was easy to see that 249 of them were shiny inside and one was dark. In further inspection it looks like someone popped a primer in that case then tossed it back in with the new cases. I ran it though the sizer die and it wasn't fired.

I ran a patch inside the case on the end of a small screwdriver and the patch came out green. I'm wondering if a corrosive primer was fired in the case. This is a rather long winded should I used it or toss it question...

Tony

Page generated in 0.02502 seconds with 8 queries