View Single Post
Old July 2, 2004, 06:31 PM   #1
newgunowner

Walther PP Question

I have just inherited a Walther PP from my father. I am trying to find out more about the gun and what it may be worth. On one side of the gun are the words 'Waftenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thur) , Walther's Patent Cal 7.65mm Mod PP' and the Walther banner. On the other side in two places (on the barrel and below it on the casing around the barrel) are a small N with a crown on top of it. The serial number is 1506XXP. I understand the Zella-Mehlis is the location of the original manufacturing plant before and during WWII, but I have no idea what year this gun was made.

The gun has some wear around the end of the barrel, but otherwise is in pretty good shape. It has been sitting unused in a leather holster for the last 30 plus years. There are also two bullet cartridges both marked Walther. One cartridge fits into the holster. The holster is marked D.R.G.(or C) M with a wreath and crossed rifles over Ak(or x)ah. I would like to know what year the gun was made, any other interesting facts, and a ballpark figure on the gun's worth. Thank you for any help you can give me concerning this gun.

Page generated in 0.02732 seconds with 8 queries