View Single Post
Old March 3, 2009, 01:09 AM   #23
Benonymous

I have nother couple of aspects of the Australian to add to this discussion. Every firearms owner must have 'safe storage' , a gun safe or locker. The police will inspect this prior to the first "Permit to Acquire" has been approved. For subsequent purchases, the storage is assumed to be in place so no further inspections are required. The police may do a random inspection however. I believe they need to inform you prior to this taking place. The other aspect is the range/hunt attendance requirement. If you have nominated target shooting or hunting on your license, you must attend a shooting range at least four times a year and attend two hunts.

In my opinion, the firearms laws in Australia were designed from the ground up to be frustrating, inconvenient and complicated for shooters.

Many people that I know who owned firearms that saw little use, were happy to have the gummint buy them in the buyback schemes. Millions of dollars of taxpayers money was spent on these exercises and if pressed I would have to admit that in some cases, it probably removed firearms that were badly stored and in danger of being stolen. However, when the second buyback came along and forced people to sell many handguns that were declared illegal, it was a massive scam and hoodwink that achieved practically nothing. Unless you count the licensed gun dealer who faked the paperwork and sold hundreds of guns into the crime network.

What an excellent result :barf:

I'd better stop here or I'll be accused of trying to start the "Legal and Political" department up again.

Page generated in 0.03499 seconds with 8 queries