View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 03:58 PM   #6
BigJimP

Pahoo ....and I largely agree on your question....
------------
But if I were going to shoot Trap with a BPS....I'd buy the BPS Trap version...with a 30" barrel, Invector Plus choke system in it, Monte Carlo stock....( maybe have someone cut an adj comb in it ) ...and it has the magazine cut off in it as well...

and you can buy them new for right around $ 700...( a buddy just bought one about 6 months ago new in box ).

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...id=012&tid=242

It has an embellished receiver on it as well...not that, that feature makes any difference....but when you're selling a gun / you have to know what's competing against you out there - as the new version.
-------------
But what is killing your value for me ...is the fixed choke ...

Personally for 16 Yard Trap Singles...I shoot a Modified choke with 1 oz of 8's...and even if I move back to the 25 - 27 yd line, I only increase the choke to an Improved Modified...never a Full choke.

I agree with Pahoo on how you should market it ...as a good Trap gun / especially for a shooter that wants a good entry level inexpensive gun.../ waterfowlers that are shooting Steel shot ...can't go tighter than a Modified choke without risking buldging that barrel. There are alternatives to Steel shot now ...so it can be used for waterfowling...but you might hear that objection as well from Waterfowlers.

But I'm just not a guy that needs a Full choke very often - in any of my guns ....for clays or birds..../ but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Page generated in 0.02676 seconds with 8 queries