View Single Post
Old April 7, 2020, 06:34 PM   #11
308Loader

Cant speak for everyone, but it has been my experience that most people do their rifle brass in batches. For instance fired cases get, decaped and wet tumbled or dry tumbled with their primers or any mix of the two to remove range debris. lubed, sized, trimmed, and cleaned again to remove lube and any trimming debris or junk that stuck to the case, as well as final polishing. So if one was to start loading 10 or 100 or 1000 cases, each batch remains in the batch state until moving on to the next process. So if you were to clean, lube and size on Monday, trim camphor and debugger on Wednesday, final tumble on Friday, load on Saturday, shoot on Sunday rinse and repeat, I don't see an issue with how long lube stays on the case within reason.

What I do see as an issue as others have stated is keeping the crud out of your dies. if your going to size your cases, clean them, lube them, then size. you can set them aside for a bit after that. If your working out how much you are looking to size them only do a few at a time and try them out. One at a time can help you decide weather it will chamber in YOUR rifle to your liking.

Page generated in 0.02215 seconds with 8 queries