View Single Post
Old September 25, 2017, 08:00 PM   #5
45 Dragoon

So, a Pietta made 1858 NMA compared to a. . . . . '51 Navy by whoever, won your allegiance. Nice , but that's kinda like saying the BMW drove better than the red car. Lol!
The open top revolvers are a different design and a stronger design. They are also a more difficult design to replicate CORRECTLY. Being able to compare copies made correctly would be a more fair test but such as it is, you did your comparison and made up your mind. That's totally fine and I'm sure many (most) have done the same test unwittingly.
Had you had a nice copy of the Navy, you may have found (as most all eventually do) that it will run much longer than a Remington copy. As far as "jams" and misfires are concerned, loading technique, supplies used (caps for the Remy may not fit the Navy correctly) a lot of variables there. Also, too much cylinder movement on the Navy may have allowed the capped nipples to move "out of range" (which gets back to correct copies).

I like both designs and own both but I like open tops better, but then it's my job to make them all run the best they can. Maybe I understand both a little better than most but it really mostly comes down personal preference/what you "identify" with.

They can all be made to be to be amazingly accurate (mechanically) with perfect function. So, take your pick and have fun!!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @ goonsgunworks

Page generated in 0.02341 seconds with 8 queries