Thread: 7-08 for elk
View Single Post
Old August 17, 2020, 09:01 AM   #75
taylorce1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double K
What is amusing is how many people wholeheartedly endorse a deer cartridge but when asked what they use more often than not they're using something bigger sometimes a significantly larger cartridge.
"of yea that deer cartridge is fantastic but I use a 300 {fill in the blank} cannon myself because well I'm a real shooter and can handle recoil being an expert elk hunter and all"
Really, just give the topic a break. We all understand where you're coming from with your opinion. Not everyone agrees with you and let us just leave it at that. You don't have the corner on the market of elk hunting experience.

You've already proven what kind of shooter and hunter you are.

Quote:
I didn't have buck tag but my wife did, we saw bucks we'd never seen before at my place, mid-morning my wife shot a buck three times with her 7-08 and when he finally made it to fence and looked like he might jump it I gave one with my 7 short mag and dropped him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Roper
Double K. Since you live Co we have good game law, You can't kill someone game. It's felony for killing someone else's game and it's called Party Hunting.

Great hunter you arre.
Quote:
I had what's called a like license, perfectly legal to kill an already mortally wounded animal to prevent loss.
And I appreciate your compliment, I am a great hunter and shot,
First you state you didn't have a buck tag, then you say you had a like license. What license was that? Either you had a buck tag or you didn't, there is no such thing as a like license in rifle seasons. So did you put your tag on that deer? If you had a "like license" that buck became yours and not your wife's when you dropped it. Tagging game you shot with someone else's tag is illegal in CO and as Old Roper pointed out "Party Hunting" (not listed as a felony).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Big Game hunting brochure, page 15, illegal activities
23. Party hunt (i.e. harvest someone else’s game or let someone harvest yours).
Is your backside cold from letting it hang out so much?

Page generated in 0.02810 seconds with 8 queries