View Single Post
Old January 9, 2005, 03:30 PM   #1
deercop

The Illusive 33 - BAD NEWS

I recently sold a firearm and accessories to a guy located in Ligonier, PA. His user name is "The Illusive 33", and his real name is Scott Grote. I conducted the transfer FFL to FFL, which happens to be his father.

I described the items to the best of my abilities, sent photos, and answered any questions he had. Mr. Grote was apparently satisfied, as he said "It looks good to me, so I'll take it."

Mr. Grote initially claimed the items were damaged when he received them, but refused to initiate the insurance process. Then, he started claiming I frauded him, but misrepresenting the firearm itself. He threatened to have me charged with fraud by the USPS and the BATF.

Mr. Grote then started contacting my employer, my local PD, my sheriff's department, my district attorney's office, and my local magistrate. He made his claims of fraud to each of them, and none felt there was any criminal activity on my part. Each also told me Mr. Grote sounded like a smart-aleck with nothing better to do than cause me grief.

I reluctantly offered Mr. Grote a refund, if he could return the items in the condition I shipped them in. He refused, stating they are NOT in that condition, and demanded I refund him more money than the purchase price, due to his aggravation. If money is a problem for me though, I can just send him $200 and he'll drop the matter.

I have since been in contact with a moderator on another forum, who advised me Mr. Grote is well known to him, and he has a reputation for this sort of thing.

I'm going to tell Mr. Grote to GTH! I just thought everyone else should be aware of this guy, and maybe this'll prevent someone else from having to put up with his crap.

Page generated in 0.03330 seconds with 8 queries