View Single Post
Old September 20, 2012, 03:29 PM   #2
BigJimP

My primary hunting gun ....pheasant, quail, etc ...is a Browning Citori XS Skeet with the adj comb and 30" barrels...( same gun I use for Skeet and Sporting Clays )...and I have them in a 12ga, a 20ga ...and a 28ga and
a .410 ....all same length barrels...

but nothing wrong with the new 725 series Citori either...our buddy Slugo on this forum has one that he likes very much ....

If I didn't want to shoot an O/U for bird hunting ...I'd go with one of the Benelli semi-autos ...personally for upland birds, I like the Benelli Super Sport a lot ...in a 12ga I go with a 30" barrel ...in a 20ga the longest barrel it comes with is a 28" ....but both real solid guns / and since they're synthetic ..they both have the Comfort Tech recoil supression system in them with the gel recoil pad and the gel comb pads ...making them pretty soft shooting guns .....and way lighter to carry than an 8.5 lb Over Under all day long...

Loads for pheasant vary ....with early vs late season when birds are running vs getting up, do you have good dogs that are holding the birds tight, wind, average range....lots of stuff....but a load of 4's are probably the most common with a Modified choke...but I always carry a couple of different loads in my vest...and a couple of different chokes ..in case the conditions in the field change. There are also areas...where you have to use Steel / or non toxic shot now as well....varies a lot by state - and region - and whether any wetlands are in the area or not...

Page generated in 0.04087 seconds with 8 queries