Thread: Marlin Model 60
View Single Post
Old December 30, 2018, 04:01 AM   #40
TruthTellers

Can't comment on the model 60, but the issues I've had with the XT-22 and how cheap it looks and feels, I have no doubts the newer model 60's are the same in that regards. The accutrigger is really nice, but it's meaningless when the rifle shoots 4 MOA and that's what hurt most was how inaccurate my Marlin was. I've posted pics of the grooves that look like tank tracks, it's been sent back to the factory for repair once, and the customer service with them is lacking.

I'm led to believe this is most Marlin microgroove barrels these days and I would stay away.

I'm not wasting my time making phone calls, packing and shipping the thing to them more than once. If they can't get it right when it leaves the factory and can't get it right when they ship it back to me, then they never will and it's a lesson learned: Newly made Marlin .22's are not to be touched or thought of. Nothing made today is as well made as it was 30+ years ago.

Used model 60s are fine and I would love to own one, but I've got a Ruger Charger that shoots like an Anschutz, so there's no reason to bother.

Page generated in 0.02887 seconds with 8 queries