Thread: Marlin Model 60
View Single Post
Old December 29, 2018, 01:28 PM   #37
sparkyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyj View Post
I appreciate everyone’s input. I stopped by Acadamy and picked up the wood stock 60 on sale and a Centerpoint one piece scope mount. It was a high mount which isn’t what I wanted but all they had. Puts scope 2.2 inches above the bore. Before mounting I cleaned the barrel and ran about 8 cheap Thunderbolts through it. Will most likely use Federal match or CCI depending on what it likes the best. Rig feels good scoped up. Light enough to carry all day but balanced out nice. My10-22 has issues with the cheap Thunderbolt bulk ammo but this one seems fine. Thought about a lower mount with this scope but may buy a bigger objective and it will be ok. Going to catch some lower rings until I find a better scope but will zero it in first and see how it groups. Worse case scenario I can loosen 2 screws and slide it off the dovetail and use open sights. Only the firing range will tell for now. Trigger not the greatest but better than the 10-22 I had. Not as crisp as the Henry. I have 3 Henry’s so the tubular loading is no issue. Got out the door with gun and mount under $180.
Great choice, and great deal. That's where I got my M60 for $150 no scope. It shoots great, my 10/22 does also. Both great firearms.

Page generated in 0.03232 seconds with 8 queries