View Single Post
Old May 14, 2002, 08:01 PM   #4
dick w. holliday

it ain't like pistol or rifle

Forget about the interchangeable die idea unless you are ready to spend some real bucks....the entry level loaders are too much trouble to change.......i've been loading shotshells for 30 years on the various MEC loaders so i'd tell you to figure out whether you want to load a few boxes or a few cases a month----if you want to load a few cases then figure out which of the progressives you want and buy one of each gauge you want to load........i saw Mec Grabbers for $238 i think at Midsouth.....Dick

P.S. i forgot to answer your question about the 9000G---i use one for 12 ga and it works like a champ but i'[ll tell you this....most progressives will take a little getting used to and you'll learn what to keep an eye on.......with the 9000 you have to watch the primer drop....the first time you don't watch it it will not drop a primer and then you've got a shell with powder and no primer which you guessed it will muck up the works......mine has loaded thousands and thousands of shells........my suggestion would be to buy it in 12 ga first and if you like it then buy another in 20.....the 9000 has an auto index feature which you may or may not like....the grabber i mentioned is basically the same as a 9000 but does not have the autoindex feature.....

Page generated in 0.02060 seconds with 8 queries