View Single Post
Old November 14, 2001, 02:29 PM   #11
ckurts

Was up at my Polk County lease opening day afternoon (Nov. 3). I saw a group of 3 young bucks on the road. They weren't that far away, but this lease is on a paper company tree farm and the young pines were just too thick in that direction and it was getting a little too dark for clear shot. I didn't have my rattling horns with me so I just watched them saunter away. Couple of other guys on the lease got a young buck and a good size doe. It's still pretty warm in this part of Texas- like Art Eatman out there in God's Country I'm waiting for a little norther to blow through. Maybe Thanksgiving week- I've got a couple days off.

Thinking about going to a buddy's ranch out Sierra Blanca way on the last weekend of mulie season.

I'm on the company ranch between Del Rio and Sonora just before Christmas for a 3 day hunt. We put our names in the hat here in September and pretty much anybody who wants to go gets a slot sometime during the season. Whitetail run small there but the bucks have nice racks and there's axis deer, feral hogs, javelina and turkey as well.

Page generated in 0.02017 seconds with 8 queries